Monday, June 28, 2010

Nutrition all the rage.

We started this new label reading lifestyle back in March. I've noticed recently that eating all natural & low sodium is getting alot of tv coverage . I'm like, OMG, did I start a nation wide movement?? Probably not, but it is fun to think so!

Alot of people have said "but your not counting calories or watching fat?" Here are my two cense about that. Your body tells you when your hungry and when it needs more or it's had enough. You have a built in calorie counter. When the only thing you put in your body is wholesome, vitamin & mineral packed, all natural foods, you are giving your body everything it needs. The fats in these foods are the super heart healthy monounsaturated, polyunsaturated, & omega 3 fatty acids. Though the weight loss is a nice side effect but our initial reason for changing the way we ate was for heart health. I've been looking at the labels of some "health" food and I've come to the conclusion that you'll trade the weight for diabetes & high blood pressure. They contained a surprising amount of sodium and artificial sweeteners! I don't get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment