Thursday, June 17, 2010

All natural, low sodium tips

Before we started our allnatloso adventure, canned tomatoes and beans were a staple in my kitchen. While they don't have the crap content, the sodium in out the roof. I found one canned tomato that has proven to be delicious and versatile. RedPack's 100% natural diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, & oregano in thick puree. I can buy a 28oz can at Marc's for $1!!!
It only has 90mg of sodium per 1/4 serving.

I use this as our sauce for whole grain pasta. There is no need to add anything else. The way it's seasoned it can be used for Italian & Mexican dishes.

Beans....beans were not so easy. I started with dried beans. I still haven't found my niche with the dry bean. I've opted to hunt down no sodium added canned beans and pay for convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment