Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A1 makes me a happy girl :)

I was so relieved when I read the label for AI steak sauce and realized it was one of the few things in my fridge door that we could still have! We were always to ones who people asked "Hey, do you want alittle steak to go with that A1". No, it's not all natural and the sodium is a bit on the high side at 280mg per 1Tbsp serving but it is still doable! I was messing around with some beef and came up with a yummy recipe.

Marinated Beef with Peppers and Onions
1 pd. beef- cubed (I bought a couple of all natural roasts on sale. I like to chop some of it up into 1 inch cubes before I freeze it.)
1/4 A1 sauce
1/4 Red Wine Vinegar (The health benefits of Red Wine Vinegar are endless!!!)
Pepper to taste
1 whole Yellow Pepper - chopped
1 whole Onion - chopped
1 Tbsp
1 cup instant whole grain brown rice

Marinate the beef in the vinegar, A1, and pepper mixture for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Saute the beef, peppers, and onion in the olive oil until beef is done and veggies tender (about 20 min). Cook the rice according to the directions and add to beef and veggies at the end.

This was really easy to put together & everyone loved it! When we first started eating this way, I basically had to relearn how to cook. Frustrating......OMG, worth it.......absolutely! I never realized how many different flavors you can taste in a dish when it doesn't have much salt in it. I'm have really loved experimenting with different herbs, spices, juices, & vinegars! It has forced me to think outside of my cooking box and try new things. Over the last 3 1/2 months, I have tried MANY new recipes and cooking techniques. I think it's because of this that the kids are now more willing to try something new. That by itself makes me a happy mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment