Monday, July 5, 2010

Oh no, that wasn't me...I'm a lady!

Vegetables, fruit, whole grains, fiber......Oh my! My research has turned up a few ways to naturally conquer the gas problem that comes along with eating lots of fresh produce and fiber. My favorite so far is Sleepy Time Tea by Celestial Seasonings. It contains 2 herbs that help prevent gas, chamomile and spearmint. I have learned that carminative herbs are herbs that soothe the stomach wall and reduce the production of gas in the digestive tract. Caraway, cardamon, celery seed, chamomile, cinnamon, dill, fennel, garlic, ginger, parsley, peppermint, sage, and thyme are some examples of carminative herbs. I've since started useing alot of these types of herbs in my cooking. I do think that gas production is down:)

No comments:

Post a Comment