Wednesday, August 18, 2010

New favorite snacks - frozen grapes and blueberries!

It all started when I was freezing a TON of fresh fruit that I had gotten at a great price for the winter. Pints of blueberries for .99, peaches for .88 lb, strawberries for 1.79, red grapes .79 lb, You can't beat the end of summer prices. My daughter came into the kitchen as I was getting a cookie sheet of the blueberries from the freezer. She popped one in her mouth, her eyes got big, and she said it tasted like candy! Well, frozen blueberry stock for winter is now dwindling daily:). My husband loves the frozen red seedless grapes. I might add that they are delicious. This is the website I used to learn about freezing fruit - It's great!
http://www.pickyourown.org/allaboutcanning.htm#freezing. Many berries and some fruit can be frozen in a single layer on a cookie sheet. They freeze individually and can then be put in a freezer bag. It's that easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment